Saturday, May 25, 2013

Vote for Andy Martin for New Hampshire state GOP chairman – no one likes him

Andy Martin explains why occasionally a candidate who is equally disliked by all party factions can be the best person to unite warring cliques. Andy says he began managing at the age of 10, and he has a gentle and caring personality which is what the state GOP needs right now. Andy can also laugh at himself, and look at life and leadership with a lifetime of challenging experiences.
New Hampshire Republicans
www.NewHampshireRepublicans.wordpress.com
WWW.NewHampshireRepublicans.posterous.com
www.NewHampshireRepublicanParty.blogspot.com
www.NewHampshireRepublicanParty.wordpress.com


Andy Martin,  J. D.
executive director
New Hampshire Republicans

you can call Andy:
 (603) 518-7310

you can email Andy:
andynewhampshire@aol.com

you can write Andy at:
fax (866) 707-2639, or at home
144 W. Webster, #1E
Manchester, NH 03104

Blogs/web sites  (partial):
www.AndyMartin.com
www.FirstRespondersOnline.us
ContrarianCommentary.wordpress.com
ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com


January 21, 2013


Dear Republican Party
Leader/State Committee Member:

I promised to send you a series of serious letters setting out my views on issues which could influence your choice of a new state chairman for the Republican Party. And I have done that. More letters/statements are coming.

But occasionally life calls for a lighthearted approach to reality. Well, today we are inaugurating one of the worst presidents in American history, for a second term, in a negative triumph of hope over experience. So a little light relief is called for.

In addition, whether you like me or dislike me, at least I don’t take myself too seriously. That’s an important qualification for a leader.

You are probably wondering why I’m running for state chairman. I think we could almost adopt the slogan, “Vote for Andy: No One Likes Him!” The party “Establishment” probably shudders at the mention of my name. And the right-wing, pseudo-Brit Groksters think of me as a form of fertilizer, or religious nightmare or worse. Well, that’s not all to the bad.

People on both extremes, all of whom have a history of losing in New Hampshire, don’t like me because they think I would upset all of their applecarts. And they’re all right.

Like Groucho Marx, I would never be part of any “establishment” that would have me. And while I am a conservative, I am a conservative with a positive attitude towards life. I’m a constitutional conservative on most issues, but not to the point of blindly marching into the sea.

Here are the facts about me, and why I would probably make the best state chairman:

Through my entire life I have shown extreme guts standing up for what’s right, and against political corruption. I stood up against the Mafia, and helped send crooked politicians to federal prison. Not many people can make that claim. I am not a summertime soldier and sunshine patriot. I am tough.

Lots of people, of course, “talk tough.” But few adults can point to an entire lifetime committed to public integrity, political ethics and government accountability. Take a look at AndyMartin.com. I have a record I am proud of, and which you can also be proud of.

To be sure, I’ve uttered the occasional wrong word, or acted in a way I wish I could retract. But no one in a half century of public life can be perfect and guess what, I’m not perfect. But I don’t pretend otherwise.

I started early in life as a leader and manager. One of the proudest moments in my little life at the time was when the director of the city’ farm system baseball program took me, at age 10, and dumped a team of 8 year-olds under my supervision. The St. John’s baseball team went from last to first under my management; one of the kids I managed later became an All-Stater. He taught me lessons, at the age of 10, I have never forgotten.

If the New Hampshire GOP is ever going to win the governor’s office again you need a chairman at least as tough as I am. But someone who will also lead with a smile, not a frown.

And, finally, surprisingly enough, I also have a track record of working with people who disagree with each other but who are willing to try and come together for a common purpose.

So, maybe the slogan “Vote for Andy – No One Likes Him,” might not be such a campaign banner for state GOP chairman after all.

If you just want more of the same, because it feels good, you have two other choices for chairman.

If you want someone who will bring people together, I am your candidate for chairman. I will work for you with only one goal, to unite the party and lead you to victory.

Best wishes and commiserations on
More-of-the-Same-Obama-Day

Sincerely,

Andy


(c) Andy Martin 2013 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment