Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Andy Martin challenges Jim Rubens, Bob Smith to New Hampshire U. S. Senate debates


New Hampshire Republican U. S. Senate candidate Andy Martin has challenged two of his primary opponents to a series of twenty-four (24) statewide debates before the September 9, 2014 primary.

Andy Martin
Republican for U.S. Senator
www.AndyMartin2014.com

you can call Andy:
(603) 518-7310
(917) 664-9329

you can email Andy:
andynewhampshire@aol.com

you can write Andy at:
fax (866) 214-3210, or
P. O. Box 742
Manchester, NH 03105-0742

Blogs/web sites  (partial):
NewHampshireRepublicans.wordpress.com
AndyMartin.com
FirstRespondersOnline.us
ContrarianCommentary.wordpress.com
ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com


July 9, 2014

Jim Rubens

Bob Smith
P.O. Box 21
Merrimack, NH
. 03054

Dear Jim and Bob:

Bob has been bellowing again that he wants to debate Scott Brown. Unfortunately, the New Hampshire Republican Party has rigged the primary to protect Brown and to - as the Concord Monitor recently stated - deny your campaigns “oxygen” so you never become serious threats to Brown. Face reality. The primary is rigged and fixed in advance. Brown is not going to debate you any more than he has already agreed to do so.

But I am fully prepared to debate both of you. This letter is a challenge to both of you to a series of two dozen debates across the state of New Hampshire in August and early September.

You may have thought that when Jennifer Horn stabbed me in the back, your campaigns would benefit. That is not the case. By trying to undermine my campaign she has also undermined your own campaigns.

But if you have the courage to do so, you can strike back at Brown and his fixers.

Candidates can conduct their own debates. So let’s do it.

If you reject this offer, you have a couple of more staged appearances scheduled with Brown, and then nothing. Your primary campaigns will be dead in the water.

The three of us have serious differences on the issues. I’d like to rip both of you a new one on the Middle East. Bob is still gay-bashing and he falsely claims that is a “core” value of the Republican Party. Sorry Bob, it’s 2014, not 1994.

The there of us can take our respective policy differences to voters by staging a series of twenty-four town hall meetings where we make brief opening statements (5 min.) and then take questions from all comers. A very simple and people-friendly format. The only requirement I would impose is that all three of us have the opportunity to respond to any question which comes to the floor. Otherwise, let's rumble.

I am sure many towns would make their town halls available for our debates. Hampton Beach, anyone?

I want to warn you in advance I am confrontational and I will go on the attack. I am not like Brown, a coward in politics and a crook in private life. I am a fighter. If you insist, I will not only appear as myself, I will also appear as Brown, so someone (me) can at least read into the record Brown’s convoluted political history. Or we can use a cardboard likeness of Brown to demonstrate his absence.

I think we could both inform and entertain the public and provide a grand service to the voters of New Hampshire. That’s what politics should be about. In the process, we could really strike a combined blow against Brown and his slimy tactics. Jennifer Horn is destroying the state party by converting the state party into a tool of a singe candidate. By your silence, you are letting her get away with it.

Our debates might not be a fair fight. Unlike both of you, I have a national record in TV and radio and have debated in major markets (see links below). I am not a New Hampshire GOP weakling (how did the GOP lose their majority over the decades?). Bob is a little rusty after all those years lying on the beach in Florida, so he needs to get up to speed. Jim has had a fourteen year “vacation” from politics. Ironically, it is only the fact that Brown has avoided debates that has allowed Bob to masquerade as a serious candidate. Again, this is 2014, not 1994.

Based on my forty-six years of radio and TV experience I think the there of us can benefit our campaigns and enhance the political process. If you follow your current approach of “Waiting for Godot,” I mean, “Waiting for Brown,” nothing will happen and your primary campaigns will quietly expire on September 9th. [I have already tipped my hand to Senator Kelly Ayotte as to my own post-primary policy.]

We three have a chance to take back the primary from the political fixers, and to “mix it up” across the state. By rigging the primary in favor of Brown, Jennifer Horn and her cabal of wealthy crooks have also destroyed your own campaigns by rendering them irrelevant. To date, other than Bob Smith’s weak protests, you have not fought back. But by trying to campaign as GOP weakling “Obama-style” candidates and surrendering to Horn’s dirty tricks - which are really directed against the process and against the voters and not just against me personally - you are not going to get yourselves visibility or votes. Stop pretending the state party is treating you fairly. It is not.

If you have the guts to debate me, let’s roll. You know where to find me. Let’s make New Hampshire history.

Cordially,

Andy

AM:sp


(c) Andy Martin 2014 All Rights Reserved
------

Andy Martin debate links:





No comments:

Post a Comment